COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
The International Council on Active Aging has formulated a COVID-19 Policy and COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols to protect all participants at the ICAA Conference, Leadership Summit and Expo 2022. These policies and protocols are based on public health guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Protocols are implemented in conjunction with partners Accushield and Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Orlando.
You must agree to do the following to attend ICAA’s event:
- Submit evidence you are fully vaccinated as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control, or
- Submit proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- Wear a mask at the conference when not eating, drinking or presenting (if a speaker).
- Avoid attending the conference if you test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days before November 8, feel ill or have COVID symptoms, or have been exposed to someone with symptoms or someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
When you register for the ICAA Conference, Leadership Summit and Expo 2022, you must affirm that you have read, and you agree to follow, ICAA’s COVID-19 Policy and Health and Safety Protocols. The full ICAA COVID-19 Policy is available here.
ICAA has worked with Accushield and Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center to align with the latest guidelines for COVID-19 safety and to make the process as simple as possible.
How to submit Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test Result
After your ICAA Conference registration is confirmed:
- A link from Accushield will be emailed to you. Before you travel to Orlando, submit Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test Result using the online app, or by attaching a scan of your card and emailing it. A mobile app enables you to submit proofs using a cell phone. The online verification process is simple, secure and PHI/HIPPA compliant. All data is stored in Accushield’s PHI/HIPPA-compliant dashboard during the conference. Any personally identifiable information will be deleted after the conference.
- An Accushield Kiosk will be placed on-site for you to scan Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test Result if you did not do so in advance. A staff member will be present to assist you. You’ll sign in/create an account at the Kiosk and then proceed to the ICAA Registration Desk to submit proof of vaccination.
Health and safety
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your first session to allow for the health and registration check-in process.
- A Daily Health Screening will be conducted. You will sign in at the Accushield Kiosk and answer health screening questions, get your temperature taken, and if answers are acceptable and proof of vaccination or PCR test has been approved by ICAA, you will receive a daily-use badge. Using the Accushield mobile app on your cell phone, you can answer health screening questions in advance and be issued a QR Code to scan at the kiosk. Your temperature can then be taken automatically in several seconds in a touchless fashion. Any failed screenings will be routed to a review area to be screened by ICAA staff per ICAA policies. Using its discretion, ICAA will solely determine what next steps to take if an attendee has failed the above health screening standards.
- Any personally identifiable information stored in the Accushield database will be deleted after the conference.
- The host hotel, Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, has instituted enhanced cleaning processes and procedures for food service and associates. You can take advantage of mobile or web check-in, a mobile key and other low contact services by joining the free Marriott Bonvoy level. Click here to learn more.
Follow these steps to access ICAA’s sessions, Expo and special events.
Before the ICAA Conference
|What you have||How and why|
|Register for the conference on the ICAA website (includes signed COVID-19 Policy).||Make sure ICAA has your correct email.|
|Confirmation is sent to your email.|
|Link to the Whova app is emailed.||Download from Google Play or Apple’s App Store.|
|Link to Accushield website and app is emailed.||To submit proof of vaccination, negative PCR test and daily health screenings.|
On-site at the ICAA Conference
|What you have||How and why|
|Come early to complete check-in.||Arrive 30 minutes before first session.|
|Visit the Accushield Kiosk to submit Proof of Vaccination/Negative Test, undergo daily health screening and receive daily-use badge.||If you submitted this proof online, use your password to answer health screening questions and receive your daily-use badge.|
|On-site registration check-in using your cell phone.||Check in using the cell phone number used when registering for the conference. (If you bring a different phone from the one used at registration, the number won’t be recognized.) Only the cell number in ICAA files is recognized.|
|Pick up your ICAA Conference name badge, put it on and head to the sessions.||Use for access to sessions, Expo, other ICAA events and networking.|
|Some sessions may limit the number of attendees to allow for physical distancing.||Arrive on time to enter the sessions you want. If the space is filled, go to another.|
|Use the Whova app on your cell phone to check the schedule, rate session and connect with others.||Whova has artificial intelligence to recommend others to network with based on your profile; you can message attendees or exhibitors and check for their messages.|
|Contactless hotel check-in at the Gaylord is available with the Marriott Bonvoy app.||https://clean.marriott.com/|