ICAA Conference and Expo Waivers
To complete your registration, please read the terms below and check boxes to indicate acceptance:
By attending the ICAA Conference and Expo, you release and discharge ICAA Services Inc. dba International Council on Active Aging, their affiliates, owners, employees, contractors any liability for, any and all claims, suits, demands, costs and expenses, including legal fees of every kind in connection with the ICAA Conference and Expo, including personal injury of any kind sustained while participating in the conference, expo or any recreational activity, social activity, personal activity or conference activities. This is intended as a full and complete release, discharge and indemnity relating to any or all released claims that you might have or had by reason of attending the ICAA Conference and Expo whether the same or any circumstances pertaining thereto are now known or unknown to the undersigned or to anyone else, expected or unexpected by the undersigned or anyone else, or have already appeared or developed or may now be latent or may in the future appear or develop or become known to the undersigned or anyone else, and all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California are hereby expressly waived. The undersigned understands that said Section 1542 of the Civil Code provides as follows:
- A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him, must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
You hereby grant permission to the ICAA Conference and Expo to use, reproduce, and/or publish your voice, image, photograph, likeness, video, and/or any other form of media as it develops (henceforth collectively referred to as Likeness) without compensation. You understand that this material may be used in various publications, press releases, ICAA or ICAA Education website or for other related activities. You hereby grant the ICAA Conference and Expo all ownership rights and the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to copyright, use and publish your Likeness. You release the ICAA Conference and Expo (and all persons and/or entities acting under its permission or authority) from any and all claims-including but not limited to claims of libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of copyright or right of publicity, or any other claim related to the use of your Likeness. You understand that neither you nor your representatives can revoke this release. You agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California (set forth above) are hereby expressly waived.
Agreement to follow ICAA’s COVID-19 protocols
To complete your registration, please read the following and check the box below to indicate your acceptance.
ICAA is committed to the health and safety of our conference community members as well as their families, colleagues and constituents. To protect against COVID-19 spreading at the ICAA Conference and Expo this fall, we will follow best practice guidelines from the CDC and the State of California.
You/your team have a role to play in a safer environment. By attending our event, you agree (as an individual attendee or, if applicable, each individual team member) to the following:
- I/we will wear a mask at my/our discretion and use hand sanitizer provided in common areas.
- I/we will use safer gathering practices (e.g., if feeling ill, I/we will do a temperature check or rapid test in my/our hotel room before mixing with others).
- I/we will consider and respect individual comfort levels with personal space.
- I/we will stay home if I/we test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of the event’s October 31 start date (October 30 if attending a lead-up lesson), or if I/we or a household member has/have potentially been exposed.
- I/we will accept changes made to ICAA’s COVID-19 Policy and COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols based on guidance from the CDC and State of California at the time of the event.
NOTE: Completed waivers and agreement to follow COVID-19 protocols must accompany your registration to be processed.